Who can resist the beauty of a rainbow? They are so colorful that many people adore them so much! Now, you don’t need to wait for the rain to see a rainbow. You can make your own with papers. Curious how to make it? Take a look at this tutorial to make your own 3D rainbow paper craft!
- Construction paper in the colors of rainbows (7 colors to be precise)
- White construction paper
- Duct tape
- Cotton balls
- Prepare all the materials and make sure you already have a complete set of the seven color construction papers.
- Cut the construction papers into strips. Cut all the seven construction papers – one paper is one color of the rainbow. After that, draw two cloud shapes on the white construction paper and cut them out.
- Put the construction paper in order, based on the colors of the rainbow, and glue them. As a reminder, the order of the colors is purple, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red. Then, glue all the strips at the middle of the cloud and secure them with the duct tape. Glue both sides of the rainbow or both ends of the rainbow on the clouds. Secure them with duct tape.
- Before arching the rainbow, fold the strips of the colorful papers along with the duct tape. Look at the picture to see how it’s done.
- Next, put enough glue on both clouds. For this, you can also use school glue. Both can work well. After that, add cotton balls at the clouds. Make sure that you place the cotton balls at the par of the cloud which is exactly under the rainbow. Doing this will help you hold the arched shape of the rainbow. Repeat the process on the other cloud.
- Your 3D rainbow paper craft is ready! You can place them on your desk as a decorative item or as the center of interest. In the next process, you can vary the size of your rainbow craft.
This 3D rainbow paper craft is a super easy DIY project. While the materials are only the ones you can find around you, the process of making it is so simple that you can ask your children or your students to make their own. When it’s finished, the 3D rainbow such brings a fun vibe to your desk. Ready to make one?