Long for sunny and warm weather? Looking for buddies to enjoy the fun weather with? Got some artistic skills? If yes, it means you’re ready for a DIY project for making Hula Girl and Mermaid. This project is simple as the main materials are just the toilet paper tubes and some other simple supplies and of course your DIY skills. Look at the guidance below!
- Paint brush
- Craft Paint
- Markers (Sharpies are more recommended)
- Glitter Glue Pens (it is more recommended than the loose one, it’s less cleanup)
- Toilet Roll Cores
- Construction Paper
- First, paint the toilet paper tubs in brown, peach, or tan. If you don’t have any of those colors, you can make a mixture of some colors to get one. Try to mix green, orange, and white to get tan color. There is no such certain percentage for each color for the mixture. You need to work with your feeling. Then, once the paint is dry, draw the face of hula girl and mermaid using Sharpie marker. Draw the eyes, mouth, and their reddish cheeks.
- Now is the time for you to make the details of the hula girl and mermaid. On the brightly colored construction paper, draw and then cut out the tail bits, bra, hair, and skirts. To add more details, you can use your Sharpie markers again and also the glitter glue pens. Decorate the details as fun as you can.
Here are some tips to make those details:
- Cut some paper fringe to make grass skirts.
- Cut a long horizontal piece to make hair and also bangs.
- Cut out shorter ones to make the hair strands.
- Last, cut out two kinds of tail to see which one will suit the hula girl and the mermaid better.
- After making the cut out of the hair, curl it to create wavy hair. You can use your pen to curl it.
- After all of the details are finished, start to glue them onto the toilet paper tubes to make your DIY dolls. Here are some examples of the doll. They are hula girl and her mermaid friend consecutively.
- Your DIY Hula Girl and Mermaid Dolls are ready to play with you!
Look at how easy it is to execute this DIY project! This project also functions as recycling the stuff (i.e. the toilet paper tubes) that you usually dump. Why dumping the tubes if you can create your chilling “buddies”?