Are you looking for a decorative item that is unique to beautify your favorite room? But do you think you are running out of ideas about what to choose or what to make? Worry not! Let color-tinted skeleton leave do the job! This kind of decorative item is still rare. So, why not choosing it to decorate your room and why not making your own masterpiece? Check the guidance below!
- Waxy leaves
- Cooling rack
- Large pot
- Food color
- Water (around 12 cups)
- Shallow dish
- Super washing soda (around 2 cups)
- Metal tongs
- Prepare your pot and then put super washing soda and pour water into it. Put the pot on the stove and wait until the water boils. In this step, it is recommended to do the process in a well-ventilated room.
- Lower the heat of the stove to simmer. Then, add leaves into the pot. Let the mixture of the water and the leave to simmer for about 2 – 3 hours. After that length of hour, you will see that the water turns very murky.
- Then, using tongs, move the leaves from the pot to a colander and run cool water into the colander.
- Now, pour out the murky water and clean up the pot by rinsing it out. After that, pour enough clean water to the pot just so it covers the leaves. It is not necessarily to be as much as the water in the simmering process. Next, add ½ bleach and put the leaves inside it for about 20 – 30 minutes. The bleach will remove the color of the leaves.
- Next, remove the skin of the leaf by putting a leaf on the palm of your hand and by putting it under running water. As you can see, the skin of the leaf start to come off.
- Wait until about one minute to see the skin of the leaf coming off completely.
- Now, make a mixture of water and food color in a shallow plate or bowl. Choose any color that you want to color the leaves. In the picture, the colors that are used are a mixture of blue and green.
- Place the leaves on a cooling rack for about 10 minutes. Let it dry.
- Once it is dry, get some frames and scrapbook paper to display the leaves inside nicely. Arrange the leaves in such a way that it will look attractive. Your color-tinted skeleton leaves are done!