It’s pathetic for sea lovers for not being able to get a seaside getaway. If you are one of them, you must need that sea vibe to be surrounding you. Well, don’t worry! Create your own beach with undersea collection. This DIY project is super easy and you can use your craft to decorate your room. Look at the tutorial below:
- Baking soda (1 cup)
- Water (3/4 cup)
- Corn starch (1/2 cup)
- Parchment paper
- Microwave or stove
- Large bowl
- Stirring stick
- Sculpting tools or pencils or toothpicks
- Take your large bowl and add water, baking soda, and cornstarch into it. Then, mix them together.
- Microwave the mixture in the large bowl for about one minute. Don’t forget to give it a stir. After that, microwave the mixture again for another one minute. Once you are done microwaving it for the second time, you will see that the mixture will get slightly thickened. Continue microwaving the mixture. However, you need to do it in 20-second interval and to stir the mixture between every interval. Once you see the mixture turns to be like mashed potatoes, stop microwaving it. Cover it with a wet paper towel and let it cool down.
- When the dough is already cool enough for your hands, knead it until it becomes smooth and well mixed. If you think the dough is dry, add a little water and knead it. On the other hand, if you think the dough is too wet, sprinkle a bit of baking soda.
- Next, make some cool sea formations from the dough. To make a starfish, take five teardrop shapes and then roll them out to make the base. Then, Add small spheres by adding a bumpy texture.
- To make sand dollar, make a round ball from the dough and flatten it. Then, make the outline of a flower shape along with the dotted pattern using the tip of your pencil. Add some additional details along the edge by poking out holes.
- To make coral rocks, make a round ball with the dough and create clusters of small holes with your pencil tip.
- To make tube sponge, make some few longs in many different lengths by rolling out your dough. Then, clump the longs together at one end. Again, using your pencil, poke out a hole at each tube.
- When you are done with all the formations, let them dry for about two days. You can also bake them in an oven for about 45 minutes at 175F to fasten the drying process.