Are you longing for summer? You have had enough winter and now is the time to enjoy warmer weather. But, before starting your warm season, you better make this paper plate tropical fish as your summer buddies. They are so vibrant and bright they will beautify every corner of your home. Take a look at the tutorials below to make yours!
- 8 paper plates, miniature size
- Glue stick
- Acrylic paints with bright colors (with the color of your choice)
- White craft glue
- 2 pairs of wiggle eyes, large ones
- Fish pattern
- Americana paint colors in:
- Bright orange
- Sour apple (green)
- Carousel pink
- Turquoise blue
- Vivid violet
- Ocean blue
- For every fish that you want to make, you will need to use two of the paper plates. The first paper plate will be painted orange, and the second will be painted in pink. As for the third and fourth, you can paint it yellow and green. While waiting for paint to dry, trace the patterns onto the other paper plates. Then, using the appropriate paint color, paint the pattern pieces. Let the paint dry.
- Once the paint is dry, cut the pieces of the fish body parts out. Make sure that the pencil lines are visible through the new paint.
- Now take your glue stick and apply some to attach the fish body parts pieces. Attach the mouth and the fins to the right plates by gluing them to the back part of the plate.
- Next, using another color of the paint, add polka dots or stripes to the fish body. Simply decorate the fish as you want them to be like. One tip: to make the decoration easier, you can simply making polka dots as they are easy to make. You only need to dip your paintbrush handle end into the paint and then draw a circle. Another tip for this step is that you can also use pencil or an eraser or any spouncer sponges that you can get from any craft store. Once you are done, attach the wiggle eyes to the fish using craft glue.
- Finally, hang your paper plate fish on your kids’ room. It is surely an aquarium with no maintenance needed.
The next time you make this craft, you can ask your kids to choose any color they want for the fish. It is going to be a great activity to boost your kids’ creativity. But, this craft is also a good activity for adults. So, have fun!