Can you mention more than one function of sock apart from warming your feet? Make sure you mention for crafting! Yes indeed! You can even make a cat from a pair of socks of yours. It is surely an easy project as you will not need sewing machine. Check the steps below to make your own cute sock kitten.
- Hot glue
- Filling materials
- Needle and thread
- Embroidery floss
- Turn the socks inside out and lay it down on a flat surface with the heel facing up. On sock will function as the legs of the kitten, while the other one as the head and tail.
- Next, draw the lines on the socks. The first sock will be the back legs of the kitten. Draw a line down to the middle of the sock, from the heel part towards the top part of the sock. Then, make each side of the line round for the paws. For the front paws, make 2-3 inches line down to the middle of the sock from the toe part.
- Now, move on to the second sock to draw the head. Make around an inch and a half line above the heel part of the sock. Then, make the tail of the kitten above the ears by drawing a line from the toe to the tip of the tail.
- Now, sew the socks. Sew the first sock to the side of the leg lines. But before that, cut the sock up to the middle to make enough space. Then, sew until ¼ inch before the heel to make a whole to turn the sock inside out. Then, on the front legs, continue sewing the line between two seems until there is no hole at the top of the legs.
- After that, sew the tail and the body and cut them out. Don’t forget to leave 1-1,5 inch below the heel on the head.
- Cut out the body and legs while making sure that there is ¼ inch beyond the seam to make a hole for turning the body inside out. Once done, turn it inside out.
- Now, you have all of the kitten’s body.
- Now, do the filling part and sew all holes. Sew the tail in the middle of the sock’s heel.
- Gather and tie off the base of the kitten’s head.
- Sew the head and the buttons for the eyes with the color of your choice.
- Finally, sew the toes and whiskers as you wish.